Non Personal Services
Non Personal Services are services that do not qualify as a Personal Service or as a Trade Service.
services are usually labor only, provided by a Vendor, but may also include the purchase of furniture, fixtures, or equipment that require installation by the Vendor.
Visit the Purchasing Summary Page for Personal Services
Examples of Services
| Purchase Process: |
Need --> Funding --> Quote/Bid --> Contract --> Delivery/Performance --> Payment
- Step 1 - Identify the project need:
- What is the goal of the project?
- What is the estimated cost?
- Are there funds available to pay for the project?
- Has the Cost Center Administrator approved the project?
- Step 2 - Develop a Statement of Work:
- Click here for a useful Template & Quote Form.
- Step 3 - Determine the selection process: (see also Threshold Summary)
- When the Total Amount of the purchase order is estimated to be...
- Less than or equal to $5,000 - no is quote required
- Over $5,000 to less than $75,000 - Three VERBAL quotes are required
- Over $75,000 to less than or equal to $150,000 - Three WRITTEN quotes are required
- Over $150,000 contact Purchasing, a Formal selection process must be completed. Skip step 4 (Vendor selection is done through the RFP process).
- Step 4 - Choose the Vendor that best meets your needs: lowest price, meets time table, best delivery, etc. In most cases, you must select the lowest priced quote. However, you may select a higher priced Vendor ONLY when that Vendor:
- Offers better delivery (you must ask each vendor for the same delivery date), or
- Offers a product that meets your requirements, when the low quote doesn't.
- You must CLEARLY state the reason you selected the higher priced vendor on the quotation form.
- Contact the Purchasing Department before you attempt to award an order to a vendor who is not the low bidder.
- Step 5 - Contract process - Purchase Order to Vendor - see the PR Manual
- Step 6 - Vendor performs: Know your 'Rights': You want:
- the right service
- delivered at the right place
- at the right time
- in the right condition (the way you want it)
- in the right quantity (time/hours, reports/results/deliverables)
- at the right cost
- to the right customer (end-user)
- Step 7 - Payment:
- The Vendor will issue an invoice
- The amount must match the quote
- Step 8 - Change Order Procedure: To increase the dollar amount of a PO in this category:
- See change order page for additional information
- Communicate with the vendor (usually the vendor calls you with a price change)
- Negotiate with the vendor regarding the change
- Change Order Form. ENSURE that the amount of the change does not exceed 25% of the original PO amount
- Email the Purchasing Department: email@example.com to change the PO, for complete details see the PR Manual
- Step 9 - Contract close-out. Cost Center receives PO online with IFAS
- Step 10 - Troubleshooting. If anything goes 'sideways' contact Purchasing immediately.