Trade Services (instructions for cost centers)
| Purchase Process:|
Need --> Funding --> C.I.P. --> Requisition (TSC or PWA) --> Delivery/Performance --> Payment
Check list for Trade Service Contracting for the Cost Center
- Step 1 - Identify the project need:
- What is the goal of the project?
- What is the estimated cost?
- Are there funds available to pay for the project?
- Has the Cost Center Administrator approved the project?
- Step 2 - Submit a CIP to Facilities - click here for a CIP Form, when you submit a CIP you will be contacted by a Facilities Department Project Coordinator, who will work through the following steps with you.
- Step 3 - The Project Coordinator will ask the Cost Center for a Purchase Requisition to be entered before the Contractor gets started.
- Step 4 - Contractor performs: Know your 'Rights': Along with the Project Coordinator watching the project, you want:
- the right service
- delivered at the right place
- at the right time
- in the right condition (the way you want it)
- in the right quantity (time/hours, reports/results/deliverables)
- at the right cost
- to the right customer (end-user)
- Work with the Project Coordinator to ensure that the Contractor does these things for you
- Step 5 - Payment:
- The Contractor issues an invoice
- The amount must match the quote
- Step 6 - Contract close-out. Approve Invoice for payment.
- Step 7 - Change Order Procedure: To increase the dollar amount of a PO in this category:
- Work with the Project Coordinator to communicate with the Contractor (usually the Contractor calls the Project Coordinator direct about price changes). See change order page for additional information
- Negotiate with the Contractor regarding the change
- ENSURE that the amount of the change does not exceed 25% of the original PO amount
- Email the Purchasing Department: email@example.com to change the PO, for complete details see the PR Manual
- Step 8 - Troubleshooting. If anything goes 'sideways' contact Purchasing immediately.