Our Mission:The Beaverton School District Diversity Committee was created to support the District in accomplishing its mission to meet the educational needs of each student in our schools and to provide a quality education that prepares each student to become a productive member of the school community.
To this end, the committee''''s charge is to foster an educational community that is intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse, enriched by the contributions and full participation of students, their families and community members from different backgrounds.
The Beaverton School District with the aid and support of the Diversity Committee will:
- Increase support, recruit and retain the racial and cultural diversity of the District''''s staff;
- Support varied curricula, instructional and assessment practices creating a climate of safety where all members of the school community are expected and encouraged to respect and appreciate all individuals;
- Promote equity for all students by ensuring that standards reinforce high student achievement and elimination of achievement gaps;
- Develop organizational practices and policies that encourage and include the participation and perspectives of all community groups; and
- Enhance the curriculum to include contributions and perspectives of all members of the school community.
OEA Education for All - contact Penny Hildreth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 858-5505 or (503) 684-3300
Gay, Lesbian an Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Equity Center, NW Regional Education Laboratory
Teaching Tolerance (resource for teachers)
International Holidays for 2008
BSD Language Count
BSD Languages Count by School 2007
How many languages?
February 2008 Newsletter
World Map Languages
Last Updated April 30, 2012