Welcome to Beaverton School District's Talented and Gifted home page. The purpose of this page is to inform students and parents about resources and opportunities available for high achieving students.
Summer Enrichment Classes for Highly Motivated Students Entering Grades 3-5
- July 8-11
- Oak Hills Elementary School
- 9:00AM - 12:00 PM
- Students will participate in the following three activities each day:
- Build It - Students in this workshop will participate in hands-on challenges that stimulate through, investigation and design.
- Games, Games, Games - Games encourage critical and creative thinking. Participants in this session will play a variety of strategy and word games.
- Improvisation - This class provides a fun and supportive environment for kids to learn the basics of improvisation while taking risks and being creative.
- Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please register at the following website: SUMMER
- There is a $75.00 registration fee. Please make your check out to the Beaverton School District and send to Heidi Hanson, 16550 SW Merlo Road, Beaverton, OR 97006.
- Scholarships are available. Please contact Heidi Hanson at 503.591.4170
CogAT results are back for all 2nd and 4th grade students. Students who score at the 97%ile or above on the screener will be invited to take the full version of the CogAT that can be used for TAG eligibility. Fourth grade students can also use the results from the full version for potential Summa eligibility.
The following students will not receive a letter to test with the full version of the CogAT7):
- Second grade students who already have a 97 or above on a previous cognitive test from kindergarten or first grade. Second grade results are not used for Summa eligibility.
- Fourth graders who scored at the 99%ile on the NNAT2 in third grade and are already eligible for Summa.
- Please contact Heidi Hanson at 503.591.4170 if you have questions.
- Cedar Park
- Highland Park (Mountain View and Highland Park boundaries)
- Meadow Park (Five Oaks and Meadow Park boundaries)
- Whitford (Conestoga and Whitford boundaries)
- All interested and eligible students must apply for Summa by January 25, 2013 - Application: [English ] [Spanish ]
- Acceptance letters will be mailed on February 1, 2013
2012-13 TAG Testing and Summa Eligibility Screening
- Current Kindergarteners - No change
- Current First Graders - No change
- Current Second Graders -
- Fall TAG testing for referred students in reading and math
- CogAT Screener for all 2nd graders in March - students scoring at the 97%ile or above will take the full version of the CogAT in April or May for possible TAG identification
- Current Third Graders
- No NNAT2 will be administered for third graders
- Summa eligibility - Third grade scores will no longer be considered. Students will have the opportunity to test in 4th and 5th grade for possible Summa eligibility.
- Current Fourth Graders
- CogAT Screener for all 4th graders in March - students scoring at the 97%ile or above will take the full version of the CogAT in April or May for possible TAG/Summa identification.
- Summa eligibility - No change
- Current Fifth Graders
- Summa eligibility - No change