The Beaverton School District utilizes five responses to emergency situations that involve our schools, students and staff:
- Lock Out - Police Response Outside the School. Bad guy is outside the school - the goal is to keep the bad guy outside.
- Lock In - Police Response Inside the School. Bad guy is inside the school - the goal is to get the bad guy out.
- Shelter In Place - Environmental Problem Outside
- Evacuation - Environmental Problem Inside.
- Drop, Cover & Hold On - Earthquake.
A lock in can turn into a lock out after the interior of the building has deemed secure. The Public Safety web page will publish the situation status when any of our schools use the above emergency response actions.