Beaverton School District to Offer Open Enrollment Transfers
Updated: December 2011
The Beaverton School District will offer Open Enrollment Transfers for students living within the BSD service area for the
2012-13 school year at the schools listed below.
will be accepted beginning the second Monday in December 2011, through Monday,
January 30, 2012, prior to 2:00 pm. You
may only apply to two (2) schools. Your
completed application should be returned to the school for which your student
is applying. Applications to more than
two (2) buildings will be denied.
There are some important factors families must consider when applying for an Open Enrollment Transfer:
· Transportation to the new school is the responsibility of the family. Buses do not travel from the resident school to the open enrollment school; however, occasionally the student may live close to the attendance boundary of the open enrollment school. In this case, parents may submit a written request on a completed “No Transportation Zone Request Form” and will be considered under the following conditions:
a. Service requests are approved on a space available, first-come, first-served basis. When the bus reaches capacity for the students who reside within that school’s attendance boundaries, non-eligible riders (open enrollment transfers) are removed. The last students approved will be the first to be removed.
b. Students would use only a scheduled bus stop.
c. Students shall not cross streets designated as hazardous by the District.
· Approval is based on the receiving school’s capacity. Certain grade levels may be closed to Open Enrollment. Parents are encouraged to inquire prior to submitting an application.
· Approval is for the duration of current school level only (i.e., elementary, middle or high school).
· There is no guarantee of sibling applications being approved.
· Commitment to attend any school should be for the entire academic year.
Additionally, a lottery system may have to be implemented if there are more applications than allocations available.
Parents will be informed of the decision by the principal of the school applied to within one (1) week after the conclusion of the Open Enrollment period. Parents will need to confirm acceptance at that time.
Contact your school if you have any questions regarding the process.