Early Release/Teacher Collaboration
Week 3 PD - Campus Supervisor Training
Once a month, during early release
Wednesday, campus supervisors from the District's middle and high
schools gather for specialized trainings and collaboration. Hosted by
the Public Safety Office, the trainings include topics like child abuse
identification and reporting, search and seizure and this month,
narcotics and gangs.
The Westside Interagency Narcotics (WIN) Team
from Washington County presented on narcotics use and identification.
Special guest presenter, Taz, the K9 drug sniffing dog, demonstrated his
skills by locating nine ounces of heroine hidden in a heating vent in
the Administration Office conference room. Don't worry, the Sheriff's
Office hid it there.
Following the presentation on narcotics,
the Interagency Gang Enforcement Team (I-GET) explained their work in
identifying and working with known gang members in the area. The team
is responsible for assisting in investigations of violence, intel
gathering and suppression.
Dismissal times are:
- Elementary schools that start at 8:00 a.m. will dismiss at 1:05 p.m.
- Elementary schools that start at 8:30 a.m. will dismiss at 1:35 p.m.
- Middle schools will dismiss at 2:20 p.m.
- High schools will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- Bridges Academy will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- ACMA, Health & Science, SST, ISB, Rachel Carson and Merlo will dismiss at 12:35 p.m.
Early Release Dates
Frequently Asked Questions:
Updated August 2017
For comments or questions about Early Release/Teacher Collaboration please contact the Communications & Community Involvement Department