Early Release/Teacher Collaboration
The Beaverton School District and the Beaverton Education Association (BEA) ratified a new contract for 2016-2019. The agreement provides students with more full weeks of school and improves overall continuity for learning. Another important element of the agreement is providing teacher collaboration and professional development time to address gaps in student achievement and improve teacher practice. Beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, the District will implement a 90-minute early release on Wednesday afternoons to allow teachers time to collaborate and participate in professional development opportunities.
Over the course of the next three years, nine additional student contact days will be added to the District calendar.
- 2016-2017: Add 2 student contact days
- 2017-2018: Convert 4 staff development days to student contact days
- 2018-2019: Add 3 student contact days
The differences you will notice in the revised 2016-2017 District calendar include:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- No school on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 (the day before Thanksgiving)
- Seniors last day will be Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- The last day of school for all students will be Thursday, June 22, 2017
Beginning September 2017, dismissal times will be (subject to change):
- Elementary schools that start at 8:00 a.m. will dismiss at 1:05 p.m.
- Elementary schools that start at 8:30 a.m. will dismiss at 1:35 p.m.
- Middle schools will dismiss at 2:20 p.m.
- High schools will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- Bridges Academy will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- ACMA, Health & Science, SST, ISB, Rachel Carson and Merlo will dismiss at 12:35 p.m.
For comments or questions about Early Release/Teacher Collaboration please contact the Communications & Community Involvement Department