Open Enrollment for 2018-2019
The Beaverton School District will offer open enrollment for students living within the BSD service area for the 2018-19 school year at the schools listed below. Applications for open enrollment are available in ENGLISH and SPANISH at each school and at the Administration Center, 16550 SW Merlo Rd., and will be accepted from Friday, December 15, 2017 through Monday, January 29, 2018 prior to 2:00 p.m. Students may only apply to two schools. Completed applications should be returned to the school for which the student is applying. Applications to more than two (2) buildings will be denied.
|Elementary Schools (# of open slots)||Middle Schools (# of open slots)|
|Barnes (20)||Whitford (20)|
|Fir Grove (30)|||
|Sexton Mountain (30)|||
|Terra Linda (30)|||
There are some important factors families must consider when applying for open enrollment:
- Transportation to the new school is the responsibility of the family. Buses do not travel from the resident school to the open enrollment school; however, occasionally the student may live close to the attendance boundary of the open enrollment school. In this case, parents may submit a written request by completing a “No Transportation Zone Request Form.”
- Approval is for the duration of the current school level only (i.e., elementary, middle or high school).
- There is no guarantee of sibling applications being approved.
- Commitment to attend any school should be for the entire academic year.
- A lottery system may have to be implemented if there are more applications than allocations available.
- Copies of the completed applications will be distributed by the receiving school principal, pending a letter or conversation with the parent/guardian of the student.
Parents will be informed of the decisions by the principal of the school applied to within one week after the conclusion of the open enrollment period. Parents will need to confirm acceptance at that time.
Contact your school if you have any questions regarding the process.