Beaverton School District Strategic Plan
WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Our Pillars of Learning
Read our Pillar stories...
WE EXPECT EXCELLENCE
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE EMBRACE EQUITY
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.
Our measures of student success:
The Beaverton School Board and district leaders have defined what success looks like in the Beaverton School District. With these clear and focused measurements, we have defined the outcomes we strive for in the Beaverton School District and will align our efforts and resources accordingly. As a team of students, staff, parents, and community members, we are dedicated to all students' success.
To assess college-readiness:
- Students completing Oregon University System minimum entrance requirements (15 specified college-prep courses with C or better)
- Students earning nine or more college-level credits
To identify career-readiness:
- Students completing four or more credits with a C or better in the six learning areas of the Oregon Skills Sets.
- Students participating in at least one job, internship, apprenticeship, job-shadow, or service learning experience while in high school
To monitor continual personal learning:
- Students recording learning goals; students reporting on track to achieve those goals
To evaluate collaboration between students, teachers, and parents:
- Families reporting that they feel informed and valued as active partners in their child's education
WE believe that as we provide education based on these pillars students will achieve the District Goal.