GAB - Position Descriptions
Position descriptions serve:
- To describe all essential functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation;
- To help applicants determine the qualifications needed to fill a position;
- To help district administrators determine which candidates to recommend for appointment; and
- To assist administrators in the evaluation of the employee’s performance of position responsibilities.
“Essential functions” as used in this policy means the fundamental job duties of the employment position. A job function may be considered essential for any of several reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:
- The function may be essential because the reason the position exists is to perform the function;
- The function may be essential because of the limited number of employees available among whom the performance of the job function can be distributed; and/or
- The function may be highly specialized so that the individual is hired for his/her expertise or ability to perform the particular function.
Position descriptions will be developed under the supervision of the superintendent or designee for each position in the district. Each position description shall be dated. As position descriptions are reviewed and/or revised new dates will be affixed.
Position descriptions will be coded and retained in a document titled Position Descriptions for the Beaverton School District. The position descriptions will be available for inspection by any district employee or patron. Each employee shall receive a copy of his/her position description as a part of the hiring process.
Position descriptions will be reviewed periodically. Initial or revised position descriptions will be approved by the superintendent or designee.
END OF POLICY