IGBHB - Establishment of Alternative Education Programs
The superintendent will develop alternative education program options in compliance with Oregon Administrative Rules and Oregon Revised Statutes:
1. For students who are unable to succeed in the regular programs because of erratic
attendance or behavioral problems;
2. For students who have not met any or who have exceeded all of Oregon’s academic
3. When necessary to meet a student’s educational needs and interests;
4. To assist students in achieving district and state academic content standards;
5. When a public or private alternative education program is not readily available or
Alternative education programs implemented by the district are to maintain learning options that are flexible with regard to environment, time, structure and pedagogy.
The Superintendent will develop administrative regulations for establishing alternative education programs.
IGBHA - Alternative Education Programs
IGBHC - Alternative Education Notification
JGEA - Alternative Education Programs Related to Expulsion