IGBHC - Alternative Education Notification**
A notification about the alternative education law, the availability of existing programs, and the procedures to request the establishment of new alternative education programs shall be contained in the student/parent handbook distributed each year.
Individual notification to students and parents regarding the availability of alternative programs will be given semi-annually, or when new programs become available, under the following situations:
1. When two or more severe disciplinary problems occur within a three-year period.
Severe disciplinary problems will be defined in the code of conduct;
2. When attendance is so erratic the student is not benefitting from the educational
program. Erratic attendance will be defined on a case-by-case basis;
3. When an emancipated student, parent, or legal guardian applies for a student’s
exemption from compulsory school attendance on a semi-annual basis;
4. When an expulsion is being considered for reasons other than a weapons policy
5. When a student is expelled for reasons other than a weapons policy violation.
Individual notification shall be hand-delivered or sent by certified mail. Parents shall receive individual notification prior to an actual expulsion.
Notification shall include:
1. The student’s action;
2. A list of alternative programs;
3. The program recommended based upon the student’s learning styles and needs;
4. Procedures for enrolling the student in the recommended program.
When a parent or guardian’s language is not English, the district will provide notification in a manner the parent can understand.
The superintendent will develop notification procedures in accordance with Oregon law.
IGBHA - Alternative Education Programs
IGBHB - Establishment of Alternative Education Program
IK - Academic Achievement – Grading and Reporting
JEA - Compulsory Attendance
JECB - Admission of Non-Resident Students
JGEA - Alternative Education Programs Related to Expulsion