KGB - Public Conduct on District Property
No person on district property or any district grounds, including parking lots, shall:
- Haze, harass, intimidate, bully or menace another, or engage in behavior deemed by the district to endanger the safety of students, employees, self or others;
- Use or engage in abusive verbal expression or physical conduct that interferes with the performance of students, event officials or sponsors of approved activities;
- Damage the property of another or of the district;
- Initiate or circulate a report, one knows to be false, concerning an alleged hazardous substance, impending fire, explosion, catastrophe or other emergency that will take place in or upon a school;
- Construct or transport to district property for temporary or permanent purposes any structure not approved for construction on, or transportation to, district property;
- Uproot, pick, cut, mutilate or remove plant life or other natural resources of any kind. Roots, tubers, flowers and stems may not be collected. Soil or rock may not be dug up or removed;
- Dump or spill any sewage, waste water or other fluids from any vehicle;
- Use district waste containers or other district property for the deposit of waste or refuse generated from household, commercial, industrial, construction or other uses not related to approved use on district property;
- Block, obstruct or interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic on any district road, parking area, walkway, pathway or common area. Occupying or impeding access to any district facility in a manner that interferes with the approved use of such facility by district employees, students or other authorized users is prohibited;
- Fly, launch or otherwise operate motorized model airplanes/helicopters/rockets or other similar propulsion devices unless approved in advance by the district;
- Operate an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) or drone unless granted permission from the superintendent or designee;
- Distribute or post circulars, notices, leaflets, pamphlets, signage or other written or printed material in violation of Board policy KJA - Materials Distribution;
- Operate a concession, solicit, sell or offer for sale any goods, wares, merchandise, food, beverages or services without prior district approval. Public sales and solicitation on district property will be governed by Board policies KI/KJ - Commercial Advertising/Merchandise Sales;
- Operate a motor vehicle in an area other than on roads and in parking areas constructed or designated for motor vehicle use. Vehicles shall be driven in a safe manner, at posted speeds and will only be appropriately parked in areas designated by the district. Motorized vehicles such as minibikes, scooters, go-carts, all-terrain-vehicles, snowmobiles and other similar devices are prohibited on district grounds. Bicyclists must comply with motor vehicle and bike regulatory signs;
- Use a skateboard, rollerblades, scooter or similar device;
- Bring an animal into a district building without prior administrator approval and, where appropriate, only when proof of current rabies vaccination has been provided. Dogs are prohibited on district grounds. All other animals on district property are permitted with prior district approval only. Animals serving the disabled are permitted as provided by law;
- Camp overnight, loiter or otherwise be present on district property after the conclusion of approved activities or as otherwise posted or authorized by the district. Individuals are prohibited from entering any portion of district premises at any other time for purposes other than those which are lawful and authorized by district officials;
- Use or operate any noise-producing machine, vehicle, device or instrument in a manner that, in the judgment of district officials, is disturbing to, or interferes with, the orderly conduct of district programs or approved activities;
- Impede, delay or otherwise interfere with the orderly conduct of the district’s educational program or any other activity taking place on district property which has been authorized by the district;
- Bring, possess or use a weapon as prohibited by Board policy JFCJ - Weapons in the Schools and state and federal law;
- Possess, consume, sell, give or deliver unlawful drugs and/or alcoholic beverages. Possess, sell, give or deliver drug paraphernalia;
- Use, distribute or sell tobacco products or inhalant delivery systems, in any form (Pro-Children Act of 1994; ORS 433.835 to -433.990; OAR 581-021-0110);
- Wear, possess, use, distribute, display or sell any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign or other item that is evidence of membership or affiliation with any gang. Use speech or commit any act or omission in furtherance of the interests of any gang or gang activity. A “gang” is defined as a group that identifies itself through the use of a name, unique appearance or language including hand signs, claiming of geographical territory or the espousing of a distinctive belief system that frequently results in criminal activity;
- Violate posted regulatory signs;
- Willfully violate other district policies, administrative regulations or school rules designed to maintain public order on school property.
Persons having no legitimate purpose or business on district property, or those violating or threatening to violate the above rules, may be issued a trespass citation, ejected from the premises, excluded from district-approved activities temporarily or permanently and/or referred to law enforcement officials.
The superintendent will ensure that appropriate notice of these rules is provided.
END OF POLICY
Gun-Free Schools Act, 20 U.S.C. § 7961 (2012).
Pro-Children Act of 1994, 20 U.S.C. §§ 6081-6084 (2012).
Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(25)-(26), 922(q) (2012).
ECAB - Vandalism, Malicious Mischief or Theft
KGC/GBK/JFCG - Prohibited Use, Possession, Distribution or Sale of Tobacco Products and Inhalant Delivery Systems