In the Beaverton School District, we are committed to ensuring that all students — regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, language, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or economic status — thrive. And we want every student and their families to feel a sense of belonging in our schools.
During the 2022-2023 school year, the district is embarking on a strategic planning process. The goal is to develop a five-year roadmap, driven by student-centered needs and goals plus equity-informed, evidence-based strategies. The district has hired an educational consulting firm, The Scholar First, to help guide this process.
There are numerous committees simultaneously at work:
- District Planning Team - comprised of the Superintendent & Cabinet members
- District Leadership Team - comprised of the Superintendent, Cabinet members, district administrators & principals
- Core Planning Team - comprised of students, licensed and classified staff, parents/guardians and community members
- Instructional Planning Team - comprised of district instructional leaders, principals, teachers, instructional coaches and other licensed specialists
- Student Advisory Group - comprised of diverse representation of middle, high and option school students
- Governance Team - comprised School Board members
However, the most important contributor to the strategic planning process is YOU. Throughout the year, we’ll be asking our students, parents/guardians, staff and community to weigh in on topics. Feedback will be gathered in various ways: surveys, small focus groups, committees and community meetings. We’ll be promoting those opportunities on this webpage. Please visit Engage BSD to participate.
- November 21 - Listening & Learning Day
On Monday, November 21, the district will be conducting several focus groups to gather feedback on what improvements you’d like to see in BSD as part of our strategic planning process. We welcome your participation!
You have two options:
Families & Community: Zoom Meeting, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
Families & Community: Beaverton City Library, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
In addition to the general family sessions, we’re also holding affinity group sessions for those who prefer that option:
Affinity Group: Families of students of color: Beaverton City Library, 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
Affinity Group: Families of students experiencing disabilities: Beaverton City Library, 2:00 - 2:45 p.m.
- November 22 - Survey Launch
- Launch committees
- Gather input from stakeholders
- Vision work
- Establish goals & metrics
- Develop instructional strategy
- Draft strategic plan
- Share with School Board for approval