In the Beaverton School District, we are committed to ensuring that all students — regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, language, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or economic status — thrive. And we want every student and their families to feel a sense of belonging in our schools.
During the 2022-2023 school year, the district is embarking on a strategic planning process. The goal is to develop a five-year roadmap, driven by student-centered needs and goals plus equity-informed, evidence-based strategies. The district has hired an educational consulting firm, The Scholar First, to help guide this process.
There are numerous committees simultaneously at work:
- District Planning Team - comprised of the Superintendent & Cabinet members
- District Leadership Team - comprised of the Superintendent, Cabinet members, district administrators & principals
- Core Planning Team - comprised of students, licensed and classified staff, parents/guardians and community members
- Instructional Planning Team - comprised of district instructional leaders, principals, teachers, instructional coaches and other licensed specialists
- Student Advisory Group - comprised of diverse representation of middle, high and option school students
- Governance Team - comprised School Board members
However, the most important contributor to the strategic planning process is YOU. Throughout the year, we’ll be asking our students, parents/guardians, staff and community to weigh in on topics. Feedback will be gathered in various ways: surveys, small focus groups, committees and community meetings. We’ll be promoting those opportunities on this webpage. Please visit Engage BSD to participate.
- Launch committees
- Gather input from stakeholders
- Vision work
- Establish goals & metrics
- Develop instructional strategy
- Draft strategic plan
- Share with School Board for approval