District Partner: Beaverton Rotary Club
The Beaverton Rotary Club is an organization of local business and professional leaders dedicated to humanitarian service in everyday life and promoting understanding and goodwill through community programs. It has focused much of their work and fundraising by supporting our Beaverton students.
The following are a just a few of the contributions the Beaverton Rotary Club has made to students in the Beaverton School District:
- 4th Grade Dictionary Project – for several years the Beaverton Rotary has given personalized dictionaries to every 4th grade student in the Beaverton School District. That is nearly 4,000 dictionaries each year!
- Books for Kids – helps disadvantaged children in the Beaverton School District to buy books at their school's book fair. Rotary provides a "Books for Kids" fund at each school and teachers identify students who cannot participate in the book fair due to lack of funds and gives them a voucher to use at the book fair.
- Scholarships – Beaverton Rotary Club has given hundreds of Beaverton School District students more than $375,000 in academic, vocational and Continuing Education for Young Parents (CEYP) college scholarships. The scholarships are renewable and graduates annually update the Rotary Club about their progress in vocational programs, community college and four-year universities.
- Operation Warm Coats and Clothing Drives for the Beaverton Clothes Closet – Rotarians have supplied hundreds of warm coats for needy students for several years now. They also do clothing drives to support the Beaverton School District Clothes Closet and provides volunteers during days of service.
- Youth Exchange – Beaverton Rotary funds an incoming and outgoing exchange student every year. This is a life-changing year for these students.
- Interact Clubs at middle and high schools – provide students with an opportunity to learn more about Rotary and public service.