Financial Report & Audit
Each year, the Finance Department produces a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the fiscal year ending June 30.
The goal of producing the CAFR is to maintain Beaverton School District’s financial integrity and trustworthiness. We are charged with ensuring that reliable internal and budgetary controls are followed in the daily operations of the District.
The District’s management has established a comprehensive internal control framework that is designed both to protect assets from loss, theft, or misuse and to compile sufficient reliable information for the preparation of the District’s financial statements in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable legal requirements. The Beaverton School District’s financial statements are audited annually by an independent licensed certified accounting firm.
Beaverton School District Audit Committee
The Superintendent and top management are responsible for the effective and efficient administration of Beaverton School District. This responsibility includes sound financial management, timely reporting, maintaining an effective system of internal control, compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct. The School Board directs the Superintendent in these matters through adoption of the budget and establishing Board Policy.
To aid in fulfilling these requirements, the District has established an Audit Committee. The Committee shall promote, maintain, and enhance the independence and objectivity of the internal auditing function of the District by ensuring broad audit coverage, adequate consideration of audit reports, and appropriate action on recommendations.
- Jason Guchereau, Finance Manager
- Michael Schofield, Associate Superintendent for Business Services
- Rob Drake - Citizen Member - Chair (Term Expires 12/31/2022)
- Leigh Ahlgren - Citizen Member (Term Expires 12/31/2021)
- Samiha Wahid - Citizen Member (Term Expires 12/31/2020)
- Eric Simpson - Board Member (Term Expires 12/31/2022)
- Anne Bryan - Board Member (Term Expires 12/31/2020)
- Denise Petterborg - Budget Committee Member (Term Expires 12/31/2023)