BSD Central Office Student COVID-19 Testing
Students who develop a primary symptom of COVID-19 (fever 100.4, cough, chills, shortness of breath, recent loss of taste or smell) or who have been identified as a school related close contact to a positive case may obtain free COVID-19 tests at the Beaverton School District Central Office, 16550 SW Merlo Rd., Beaverton.
Families need to call (503) 356-4519 to schedule an appointment Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on days when the district is open.
Consent is required. A parent/guardian will be responsible for transporting the student to the testing site, remaining with the student in the car and taking the student home following the test. The test requires a shallow nasal swab, which must be independently self-administered by the student under observation. A school nurse will notify you of the results.
- Entering the Central Office parking lot, head to the left. The testing site is located on the right near the loading dock. Please follow Testing Site signs.
- Pull into a designated testing spot (1 or 2) and turn off your car.
- Have your student’s appointment number available for the testing administrator to verify. The student should be seated next to a window.
- Your student will need to self-collect a shallow nasal swab. The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) requires all testing samples to be collected by the student who is being tested. While many students will be able to self-collect samples, not all students will feel comfortable doing so. We acknowledge that age, certain medical conditions (e.g. anxiety, ADHD) or disabilities may prevent students from safely collecting their own swabs. If there's any doubt as to whether a sample may be safely self-collected by your child, please contact your health care provider for alternative COVID-19 testing.
- The student being tested will be instructed to insert the swab gently into a nostril until resistance is encountered and not more than one-inch deep. The student will then be instructed to rotate the swab 5 times around the outer edge of the nostril. Using the same swab, this process is repeated in the other nostril. The process should not hurt, but it may tickle.
- The student will hand the swab to the testing administrator. The testing administrator will provide a BinaxNOW test information sheet.
- The COVID-19 test result along with additional information will be provided to student’s parent/guardian by the student’s school nurse.
COVID-19 Testing Consent Forms