Beaverton School District’s Nutrition Services department serves meals that meet nutritional standards set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. These meals are funded from USDA reimbursements and meal sales. Breakfast and lunch are served at all schools. To receive free meals for the 2022-2023 school year, all families must apply for Meal Benefits or be qualified through SNAP, TANF, Foster, Homeless, or Migrant programs.
Oregon National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs Federal & Oregon Expanded Income Guidelines (EIG)1 Effective School Year 2022-23: July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023.
This Institution is an equal opportunity provider
Applying for Meal Benefits:
- You may complete an application for Free or Reduced-price meal benefits: o On-line by visiting www.schoolcafe.com (best way to apply)
- On paper. Meal Benefits applications are available at all schools in the Beaverton School District and at the Nutrition Services (NS) office
- By requesting an application by email from NS-MealBenefits@beaverton.k12.or.us.
- Only one application per household is needed. A new application is required each school year unless you have received an Eligibility Notification/Free Meals Letter.
- Households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program) and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) may not need to complete a meal application.
- Households currently certified to receive SNAP (formerly the Food Stamp Program), TANF or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR); for their children will be notified of their eligibility by the Beaverton School District Nutrition Services Department via US Mail. If the letter you receive does not include all children in your household, please contact the Meal Benefits Office.
- If your household is receiving benefits from SNAP or TANF, and you have not received notification from BSD Nutrition Services, please complete a meal benefits application or contact the Meal Benefits Office.
- Households will be notified if a child is eligible for free meals if the individual child is defined by law as Homeless, Runaway, Foster, or Migrant. If the letter you receive does not include all eligible children in your household, please contact the Meal Benefits Office.
- If you have questions, please contact the Nutrition Services (Meal Benefits) Office at:
Phone: 503-356-3957 or 503-356-3955
Beaverton School District
Nutrition Services Department
10740 NE Walker Road, Entrance D1
Hillsboro, OR 97124