With the ending of the fall athletics/activities season, we wanted to reach out and provide some reminders/updates regarding spectator expectations for winter. (You’ll also be able to find all of this information on the COVID-19 Protocols FAQ located on the district webpage.) In the winter season, we’ll begin more indoor events such as basketball games and wrestling matches.
- Spectators are required to wear masks at all indoor and outdoor events, unless actively eating and/or drinking. Spectators also are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between families/groups, to the extent possible. We recognize that social distancing at games may be challenging, so please only attend if you’re comfortable doing so.
- Because of social distancing concerns, student attendees at basketball or wrestling events are limited to students of the participating schools; option school students may attend basketball and wrestling events of their neighborhood high schools. Other students from other schools may not attend. For example, if the Beaverton High School basketball team were playing Southridge, Sunset students could not attend.
- Elementary and middle school students must be accompanied and sit by a parent/guardian.
- Athletes are not required to wear masks indoors or outdoors when practicing or playing a competitive sport at any level, outside of normal school hours.
- Athletes and coaches who are not actively participating (i.e. on the sideline during an indoor or outdoor practice or competition) are required to wear masks.
BSD Family Pass Policy (purchased at school athletic offices):
- All family passes must be presented in person. A photo of a family pass will only be accepted with accompanying ID, showing a name matching the family name on the pass.
- Family passes are limited to 5 people per game.
- Students cannot show a family pass for entry unless accompanied by a parent/adult family member.
ASB/ID Card Policy
- Students must have their actual ID cards with ASB stickers to gain entry to the event at no cost. Students without an ASB sticker will need to pay the student entrance fee.
- Only students from those schools competing will be allowed entry.
We appreciate your support, as following these expectations allows our teams to be able to compete this winter season.