3rd Grade BSD Health Learning Targets (Standards)
- ALT - Academic Learning Target
- AST - Academic Supporting Target
- (HE) - Oregon Department of Education Health Education Standard
Standard ALT 1: Concepts
- AST 1.1 (HE.1.3.1) Identify the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
- AST 1.2 (HE.1.3.4) Recognize ways and demonstrate ways to prevent common childhood injuries and health problems.
- AST 1.3 (HE.1.3.5) Identify why it is important to seek health care.
- AST 1.4 (HE.1.3.7) Explain why it is important to stay away from potentially unsafe body fluids and objects.
- AST 1.5 (HE.1.3.8) Identify, recognize, and discuss practices that prevent the spread of communicable diseases (including HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C).
- AST 1.6 (HE.1.3.9) Recognize how puberty prepares human bodies for the potential to reproduce.
- AST 1.7 (HE.1.3.10) Define sexual orientation.
- AST 1.8 (HE.1.3.11) Recognize differences and similarities of how individuals identify regarding gender or sexual orientation.
- AST 1.9 (HE.1.3.12) Recognize the importance of treating others with respect regarding gender expression and sexual orientation.
- AST 1.10 (HE.1.3.13) Identify the characteristics of a healthy relationship.
- AST 1.11 (HE.1.3.14) Explain that everyone has the right to say who touches their body, when and how.
- AST 1.12 (HE.1.3.15) Explain that it is never ok to touch someone or make someone touch you if they don't want to.
- AST 1.13 (HE.1.3.17) Explain why bullying is an inappropriate behavior.
- AST 1.14 (HE.1.3.19) Define consent as it relates to personal boundaries.
Standard ALT 2: Analyzing Influences
- AST 2.1 (HE.2.3.2) Explain how school resources support health practices and behaviors.
- AST 2.2 (HE.2.3.3) Recognize how media, peers, and family can influence thoughts, feelings, body image, and health behaviors.
- AST 2.3 (HE.2.3.6) Recognize how friends, family, media, society and culture influence how people think they should act on the basis of their gender.
- AST 2.4 (HE.2.3.9) Identify potential impacts of power differences (e.g., age, status or position) as they relate to personal boundaries.
Standard ALT 3: Accessing Information
- AST 3.1 (HE.3.3.1) Identify resources from home, school, and community that provide valid and accurate health information.
- AST 3.2 (HE.3.3.2) Recognize characteristics of valid health information, products, and services.
- AST 3.3 (HE.3.3.6) Identify sources of support such as parents, school staff, and other trusted adults to talk about healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- AST 3.4 (HE.3.3.7) Identify sources of support such as parents, school staff, and other trusted adults to report abuse, including sexual abuse.
- AST 3.5 (HE.3.3.8) Identify sources of support such as parents, school staff, and other trusted adults to report harassment or bullying based on gender identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.
Standard ALT 4: Interpersonal Communication
- AST 4.1 (HE.4.3.2) Recognize when to ask for assistance to enhance personal health.
- AST 4.2 (HE.4.3.3) Recognize effective refusal skills that avoid or reduce health risks.
- AST 4.3 (HE.4.3.4) Recognize nonviolent strategies to manage or resolve conflict.
- AST 4.4 (HE.4.3.5) Describe ways to communicate respectfully with and about people of all gender identities, gender expressions and sexual orientations.
- AST 4.5 (HE.4.3.6) Identify ways to communicate your thoughts and feelings while maintaining healthy relationships.
- AST 4.6 (HE.4.3.7) Identify effective ways to communicate personal boundaries and show respect for the boundaries of others.
- AST 4.7 (HE.4.3.8) Identify ways to ask for help and support if you or someone you know is being hurt or feels unsafe.
Standard ALT 5: Decision Making
- AST 5.1 (HE.5.3.2) Recognize when assistance is needed in making a health-related decision.
- AST 5.2 (HE.5.3.3) Recognize healthy options and outcomes when making a decision.
Standard ALT 6: Goal Setting
Standard ALT 7: Practicing Health Enhancing Behaviors
- AST 7.1 (HE.7.3.2) Recognize a variety of responsible healthy practices and behaviors that maintain or improve mental health.
- AST 7.2 (HE.7.3.3) Demonstrate a variety of behaviors to avoid or reduce health risks.
- AST 7.3 (HE.7.3.4) List ways to treat yourself and others with dignity and respect, with regard to race, ability, religion, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Standard ALT 8: Advocacy
- AST 8.1 (HE.8.3.2) Recognize ways to encourage others to make positive health choices.
- AST 8.2 (HE.8.3.3) List ways students can work together to promote dignity and respect for all people.