4th Grade BSD Health Learning Targets (Standards)
- ALT - Academic Learning Target
- AST - Academic Supporting Target
- (HE) - Oregon Department of Education Health Education Standard
Standard ALT 1: Concepts
- AST 1.1 (BSD) Describe the benefits of a drug free environment.
- AST 1.2 (BSD) Identify the short and long term consequences of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD) use (including vaping).
- AST 1.3 (BSD) Recognize appropriate use of over the counter and prescription medications.
- AST 1.4 (HE.1.4.3) Describe ways in which safe and healthy school and community environments can promote personal health including but not limited to respect for diversity; safe routes to school/bike and walk; school gardens; and other school policies and programs that promote healthy literacy.
- AST 1.5 (HE.1.4.6) Identify and discuss human reproductive systems including reproductive anatomy and function.
- AST 1.6 (HE.1.4.13) Explain that everyone has the right to say who touches their body, when and how.
- AST 1.7 (HE.1.4.14) Describe why it is never ok to touch someone, or make someone touch you if they don't want to.
Standard ALT 2: Analyzing Influences
- AST 2.1 (HE.2.4.3) Describe how media and technology influence thoughts, feelings, and health behaviors in regards to drugs and alcohol.
- AST 2.2 (HE.2.4.4) Describe how peers and family can influence healthy and unhealthy drug and alcohol behaviors.
- AST 2.3 (HE.2.4.6) Describe how friends, family, media, society and culture influence how people think they should act on the basis of their gender.
- AST 2.4 (HE.2.4.8) Compare positive and negative ways friends and peers can influence various relationships.
- AST 2.5 (HE.2.4.9) Describe potential impacts of power differences (e.g., age, status or position) as they relate to personal boundaries.
Standard ALT 3: Accessing Information
- AST 3.1 (HE.3.4.1) Describe resources from home, school, and community that provide valid health information.
- AST 3.2 (HE.3.4.2) Describe characteristics of valid health information, products, and services.
- AST 3.3 (HE.3.4.3) Identify sources of support, such as parents or other trusted adults, to seek information about sexual and reproductive health, including pregnancy and birth.
- AST 3.4 (HE.3.4.4) Describe, recognize, and demonstrate how to access sources of medically-accurate information about human sexual and reproductive anatomy.
- AST 3.5 (HE.3.4.5) Identify people at home, school or in the community who can provide medically accurate information and/or support about puberty and health care practices during puberty.
- AST 3.6 (HE.3.4.6) Identify people at home, school or in the community who can provide medically accurate information and/or support about healthy sexuality, including sexual orientation and gender identity.
- AST 3.7 (HE.3.4.7) Identify sources of support, such as parents or other trusted adults they can talk to about healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- AST 3.8 (HE.3.4.8) Identify sources of support such as parents or other trusted adults, including school staff, they can tell if they are being sexually harassed or abused.
Standard ALT 4: Interpersonal Communication
- AST 4.1 (HE.4.4.1) Describe effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to enhance health.
- AST 4.2 (HE.4.4.2) Describe how to ask for assistance to enhance personal health.
- AST 4.3 (HE.4.4.3) Describe and analyze a variety of behaviors for refusal skills that avoid or reduce health risks.
- AST 4.4 (HE.4.4.4) Describe nonviolent strategies to manage or resolve conflict.
- AST 4.5 (HE.4.4.5) Practice, analyze, and demonstrate ways to communicate respectfully with and about people of all gender identities, gender expressions and sexual orientations.
- AST 4.6 (HE.4.4.7) Describe effective ways to communicate personal boundaries and show respect for the boundaries of others.
Standard ALT 5: Decision Making
Standard ALT 6: Goal Setting
Standard ALT 7: Practicing Health Enhancing Behaviors
- AST 7.1 (HE.7.4.1) Describe responsible personal health behaviors involving drugs and alcohol use.
- AST 7.2 (HE.7.4.3) Describe and analyze a variety of behaviors to avoid or reduce health risks.
- AST 7.3 (HE.7.4.4) List ways to manage the physical and emotional changes associated with puberty, including personal health care practices.
Standard ALT 8: Advocacy
- AST 8.1 (HE.8.4.1) Communicate opinions using accurate information about health issues.
- AST 8.2 (HE.8.4.2) Describe ways to encourage others to make positive health choices.
- AST 8.3 (HE.8.4.3) Describe how others can take action when someone else is being teased, harassed or bullied.