The Arts & Communication Magnet Academy (ACMA) will undergo replacement of the main building and the addition of new facilities, including new classrooms, cafeteria, kitchen and associated site improvements. Visitor parking will be expanded and re-arranged for safety and efficiency. Portables will be removed and capacity increased to 725.
The existing performing arts building will be retained and incorporated into the replacement building's new 75,000 s.f., two-story design. During reconstruction, ACMA students and staff will relocate to the "swing" school at the new middle school on 118th during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years. ACMA will open September 2021.
Project Cost: $39,432,600.00
Funding: 2014 Bond
Project Schedule: 07/2019 - 08/2021
Project Status: In Progress
Construction Photos and Updates
- Why are there no student lockers in the design?
- Why has the budget for the project changed?
- What is the project scope and has it changed?
- Does the new building have room for future expansion of the student population and new programs?
- Has the project scope been reduced due to budget?
- Why do some teachers not have dedicated classrooms?
- What involvement did the ACMA staff have in project development?
- What is the timeline for the project? Would increasing the size of the building affect the timeline?