Licensed New Hires
Welcome to the Beaverton School District!
We are glad you are a part of the team!
Licensed employees include teachers, counselors, school social workers, school psychologists, speech language pathologists, and school or district nurses.
- Hiring Paperwork
- BSD Technology Access
- Staff Intranet
- Absence Management
- Beaverton Mentor Program & New Staff Academy
- September and Beyond
As a licensed new hire in the Beaverton School District, this is a great place to get started!
We have linked eight forms below. Please fill out the forms as best as you can and bring all forms with you to your scheduled appointment in HR. If you do not have access to a printer, please scan and send them to Lisa Burnett via email or share the documents via Google Drive.
- Federal I-9 form
- Federal W4 form
- Oregon W4 form
- Electronic W2 and Payroll Opt-In form
- Direct Deposit form
- Attach a voided check or letter from the bank for the purpose of direct deposit. This cannot be a deposit slip nor bank statement.
- Background Check form
- Equal Employment Opportunity form
- House Bill 2062 form
- Covid-19 Vaccination card or evidence of a qualifying medical or religious exemption from Governor Kate Brown's Executive Order - "All teachers, educators, support staff, and volunteers in K-12 schools will be required to be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021."
Other documents to complete your file:
- Transcripts: Official, sealed transcripts that confer undergraduate and graduate degrees earned. We also accept electronic, official transcripts from your universities, as long as they are sent directly from the university to a staff member's email in HR. If ordering electronic official transcripts, they can be sent to Lisa Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verification of Service forms: If salary step is based on prior licensed experience, you will be given Verification of Service forms at your new hire appointment, along with instructions for completion. Please return these to HR at a later date to confirm your salary placement. Additional copies can be found here:
In addition, please review the following (no need to print nor fill out):
Medical and Dental Benefits
New hires (.5 or greater FTE) will receive the password to enroll in benefits through our benefits enrollment site via the New Hire Onboarding email. Benefit enrollment is due within 30 days of hire date to be effective the first of the month following receipt of the enrollment forms. For example, enrollment forms submitted by August 31st will be effective September 1st.
- New Employee Benefits Site (password provided during hiring appointment)
- Human Resources Benefits Site
- Canopy Employee Assistance Program
Questions? Contact Human Resources (HR) Benefits Department at 503.356.4439.
PERS (Public Employee Retirement System)
Pay occurs once a month, on or before the 20th of each month. Annual salary is divided evenly over 12 months for those who begin with an August paycheck. For new hires starting later in the school year, the first paycheck will be dependent upon the payroll cut-off date and having the following items completed:
- Licensed issued by TSPC (or background clearance if utilizing SB 205)
- Completed I-9 Federal form requirements to Human Resources
- Social Security card submitted to Human Resources (may also be used to fulfill part of the I-9 Federal form requirements)
Resources below require BSD access/login:
New hires will receive their district password and laptop from their home school or department on the first day of New Staff Academy or the first day of the assignment. The school or department's Office Assistant will receive an automated email with the new hire's initial password. Site-based Technology Support Specialists (TSSs) will provide assistance with logging in and changing the password, in addition to issuing of the laptop. All hiring paperwork and TSPC clearance or licensure must be issued prior to receiving district login credentials.
Please be sure to submit all required documents for licensure directly to TSPC as soon as possible. Licenses need to be issued by the first day of your contract. You may be able to use Senate Bill 205 (SB 205) while you are waiting for your license to be issued. If you would like to know more about SB 205, please reach out to Human Resources as noted below.
- Senate Bill 205 Guidance
- Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)
- Questions on SB 205, licensure renewal and/or PEER forms? Contact Personnel Specialists in Human Resources:
- Lisa Burnett at 503.356.4590
- Email staff at email@example.com
Our Staff Intranet is an internal site to Beaverton School District employees. Once you have your credentials, you'll be able to access these additional resources.
Resources below require BSD access/login:
We use Absence Management from Frontline Education for staff attendance and substitute needs. You'll want to make sure all of your personal information is set up correctly and review how to report an absence when needed.
Beaverton Mentor Program
The Beaverton School District offers a mentor program to early career educators as well as staff new to Beaverton. Participation in the program is voluntary and as capacity allows. This overview provides additional information and details. Please share your interest with participants in the Mentor Program by responding to this interest form.
New Staff Academy
New Staff Academy sessions were held throughout the week of August 22, welcoming newly hired licensed staff members to BSD. Learn more about what was shared by checking the New Staff Academy Website.
Now that you have completed your initial onboarding, you may find these resources to be of help to you moving forward. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Lisa Burnett in Human Resources. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required annual training notifications and access will be sent to your district email.
- Questions? Contact Risk Management
Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI)
- OEI Site
- Culturally Relevant Teaching Resources
- LGBTQ+ Resources
- Beaverton Multicultural Educator Community (BMEC)
- Affinity space for BIPoC educators
- Questions? Contact Tatiana Cevallos at 503.356.4337
Resources require BSD access/login:
- Tuition Reimbursement Site
- Licensed Tuition Reimbursement Information
- Tuition Reimbursement Cycle Chart
- Questions? Contact Tuition Reimbursement at 503.356.4351
Beaverton Education Association (BEA) - Union for licensed employees