Licensed New Hires
Welcome to the Beaverton School District!
We are glad you are a part of the team!
Licensed employees include teachers, counselors, school social workers, school psychologists, speech language pathologists, and school or district nurses.
- Hiring Paperwork
- BSD Technology Access
- Staff Intranet
- Absence Management
- Beaverton Mentor Program & New Staff Academy
- September and Beyond
As a licensed new hire in the Beaverton School District, this is a great place to get started!
In preparation for your hiring appointment, please fill out as much of each form as possible and bring them with you to Human Resources or scan and send them via email to your new hire appointment contact. If you are a current employee (substitute, temporary, or classified employee), some of the hiring paperwork may not be needed. If you have any questions about filling out the forms, we would be happy to help you during your scheduled appointment.
- Federal I-9 form
- Federal W4 form
- Oregon W4 form
- Electronic W2 and Payroll Opt-In form
- Direct Deposit form
- Attach a voided check or letter from the bank for the purpose of direct deposit. This cannot be a deposit slip nor bank statement.
- Background Check form
- Equal Employment Opportunity form
- House Bill 2062 form
- Covid-19 Vaccination card or evidence of a qualifying medical or religious exemption from Governor Kate Brown's Executive Order - "All teachers, educators, support staff, and volunteers in K-12 schools will be required to be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021."
Other documents to complete your file:
- Transcripts: Official, sealed transcripts that confer undergraduate and graduate degrees earned. We also accept electronic, official transcripts from your universities, as long as they are sent directly from the university to a staff member's email in HR. If ordering electronic official transcripts, they can be sent to Carissa Marrs or Lisa Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verification of Service forms: If salary step is based on prior licensed experience, you will be given Verification of Service forms at your new hire appointment, along with instructions for completion. Please return these to HR at a later date to confirm your salary placement. Additional copies can be found here:
In addition, please review the following (no need to print nor fill out):
Medical and Dental Benefits
New hires (.5 or greater FTE) will receive the password to enroll in benefits through our benefits enrollment site via the New Hire Onboarding email. Benefit enrollment is due within 30 days of hire date to be effective the first of the month following receipt of the enrollment forms. Enrollment forms must be submitted by August 31, 2022 to be effective on September 1, 2022.
- New Employee Benefits Site (password provided during hiring appointment)
- Human Resources Benefits Site
- Canopy Employee Assistance Program
Questions? Contact Human Resources (HR) Benefits Department at 503.356.4439.
PERS (Public Employee Retirement System)
Pay occurs once a month, on or before the 20th of each month. Annual salary is divided evenly over 12 months for those who begin with an August paycheck. For new hires starting on August 29, 2022, your first paycheck will be issued on August 20, 2022, if you have the following completed by the payroll cut-off date of August 1, 2022:
- Licensed issued by TSPC
- Completed I-9 Federal form requirements to Human Resources
- Social Security card submitted to Human Resources (may also be used to fulfill part of the I-9 Federal form requirements)
If the above are not completed by August 1, 2022, the first paycheck will be September 20, 2022.
For new hires starting later in the school year, the first paycheck will be dependent upon the payroll cut-off date.
Resources below require BSD access/login:
New hires will receive their district password and laptop from their home school or department on the first day of New Staff Academy or the first day of the assignment. The school or department's Office Assistant will receive an automated email with the new hire's initial password. Site-based Technology Support Specialists (TSSs) will provide assistance with logging in and changing the password, in addition to issuing of the laptop. All hiring paperwork and TSPC clearance or licensure must be issued prior to receiving district login credentials.
Please be sure to submit all required documents for licensure directly to TSPC as soon as possible. Licenses need to be issued by the first day of your contract: August 29, 2022 for the start of the 2022-23 school year. You may be able to use Senate Bill 205 (SB 205) while you are waiting for your license to be issued. If you would like to know more about SB 205, please reach out to Human Resources as noted below.
- Senate Bill 205 Guidance
- Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)
- Questions on SB 205, licensure renewal and/or PEER forms? Contact Personnel Specialists in Human Resources:
Our Staff Intranet is an internal site to Beaverton School District employees. Once you have your credentials, you'll be able to access these additional resources.
Resources below require BSD access/login:
We use Absence Management from Frontline Education for staff attendance and substitute needs. You'll want to make sure all of your personal information is set up correctly and review how to report an absence when needed.
Beaverton Mentor Program
The Beaverton School District offers a mentor program to early career educators as well as staff new to Beaverton. Participation in the program is voluntary and as capacity allows. We are excited to share more information about the program during New Staff Academy. For questions, please contact the Mentor Team.
New Staff Academy
New Staff Academy takes place during the week of August 22nd, 2022. Please check the New Staff Academy Website to see your requirement for attending and the schedule for the week.
Now that you have completed your initial onboarding, you may find these resources to be of help to you moving forward. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Carissa Marrs, Lisa Burnett, or Melissa Sass in Human Resources. Email is email@example.com.
- Required annual training notifications and access will be sent to your district email.
- Questions? Contact Risk Management
Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI)
- OEI Site
- Subscribe to OEI Newsletter
- Culturally Relevant Teaching Resources (requires BSD access/login)
- LGBTQ+ Resources (requires BSD access/login)
- Beaverton Multicultural Educator Community (BMEC)
- Affinity space for BIPoC educators
- Questions? Contact Tatiana Cevallos at 503.356.4337
Resources require BSD access/login:
- Tuition Reimbursement Site
- Licensed Tuition Reimbursement Information
- Tuition Reimbursement Cycle Chart
- Questions? Contact Tuition Reimbursement at 503.356.4351
Beaverton Education Association (BEA) - Union for licensed employees