Important Information for Applicants
The Beaverton School District is nestled between the Cascade Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, and just seven miles from downtown Portland. Beaverton is an ideal place to live, work and play. Beaverton is Oregon’s fifth largest city and is a thriving community with rich cultural and recreational opportunities.
The Beaverton School District, an equal opportunity employer, complies with applicable employment discrimination laws, including ORS Ch. 659, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Oregon Pay Equity Law.
- Please read the job posting information before applying. Each job posting has specific requirements detailed to ensure specifications are met.
- All postings close at 11:59 p.m. on the application deadline date or open until filled.
- Maintain a current email address and phone number in your application. You will receive interview and posting status information via email.
- References must include professional references such as a principal, previous supervisor, etc. Teachers that you have volunteered for may serve as a reference. Friends, peers and/or relatives would not be considered professional references.
- If you are indicating that you have a college degree on your application, you will be required to provide official sealed graduate/undergraduate transcripts conferring all degrees. Order your official transcripts now; have them sent to you in preparation of this requirement. Do not send them to HR in advance of being hired. Transcripts uploaded to your online application are considered unofficial. You will be asked to provide your "Official Transcripts" at time of hire.
- As an employer, we require a Social Security card upon hire. The name on the SS card is the legal name the District will use upon hire. Obtain a SS card from the Social Security Office now, if needed.
- Veteran Preference - Upon application, veterans and/or disabled veterans, who identify themselves as a veteran and answer "yes" to the question(s), must include this information in the Work Experience section of the application and attach a release or discharge letter to receive veteran preference.
- The Beaverton School District is unable to consider applicants on time-limited visa status for positions. The District will not now or in the future sponsor an applicant or employee to obtain, extend, or renew authorization to work in the United States.
- Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma, or G.E.D., and any combination of education, license and experience which would provide the applicant with the required skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job duties.