Google Storage FAQ
Google previously provided an unlimited amount of cloud storage to all K12 school districts but recently introduced storage caps limiting how much storage is available to BSD. Due to this change by Google, the Beaverton School District is forced to change how Google is used. Check out the FAQ below to learn how these changes may affect you.
- Is Google going away?
- What is changing about Google?
- What happens if you do not reduce your Google Storage?
- I didn’t receive an email notification about using a large amount of storage. Is there something I should do?
- How can I check how much storage I am currently using?
- Do documents and files shared with me count as part of my current use?
- What is a Storage Quota, and how does it help?
- How were the Storage Quotas determined?
- What does it look like when a Storage Quota is reached?
- What type of content is ok to store on Google Storage?
- Do videos hosted on YouTube count against my quota?
- Is there a way I can quickly find these large types of files in my Google Drive?
- Is there a way to see which files specifically are using the most space in Google Drive?
- Is there a place to store large files like videos?
- I’ve deleted files from Google Drive, but Google is saying I am using the same amount of space?
- I accidentally deleted a file. Can it be restored?
- I'm leaving the school district, is there a easy way to backup all my files?