Internet Access For Families
Hotspots for Fall 2020
The Beaverton School District has received a supply of Verizon Orbic Mobile Hotspots. Please complete the hotspot request form and you will be contacted by a member of our staff.
|Verizon Orbic||Orbic Speed RC400L (English)||
|Sprint 1Million||Coolpad Surf Hotspot User Guide||
Comcast Internet Essentials
The BSD Sponsored Internet Essentials program is no longer available. Those that have a code from the Beaverton School District can still apply for the sponsored program at InternetEssentials.com/apply and if approved, receive free internet until June 30, 2021. Those who are currently on the sponsored program will continue to receive free internet until June 30, 2021.
The Comcast Internet Essentials is still available through Comcast for $9.95/month + taxes. More information is available at InternetEssentials.com
For families who have received a promotional code, your code remains valid and can be used to apply for free sponsored internet.
- Go to InternetEssentials.com/apply and complete the application using the Promo Code.
- Once you complete the Internet Essential application, you will receive a confirmation and a place to schedule time for a technician to come install the equipment.
- The process takes about 7 days.
- 25mb download speed/3mb upload
- 1.2TB per month
- After reaching monthly data cap, monthly charge of $9.95 applies for additional 50Gb up to $100. After that, data is turned off until the next monthly cycle.
Other Wireless Network Options
All Beaverton schools have wireless networks that can be accessed from outside the building, in school parking lots.
There are 2 wireless networks:
- BSD User: For staff, students and devices owned by the Beaverton School District
- BSD Visitor: Publicly available wireless internet access