Public Library Cards
Community partnership opens a world of reading!
The Beaverton School District and our Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) partners are providing expanded access to library materials and resources via the public library Youth Access Card (YAC) for BSD students who do not already have a public library card. This special library card allows students to check out up to five print books or audiobooks from any WCCLS library without any overdue fines. It also provides access to ebooks, digital audiobooks, and other online library resources that can be obtained directly from their BSD Chromebooks or other device.
Using the Sora app, students can link their WCCLS library cards to the BSD digital library so they can browse and borrow BSD and public library ebook/eaudiobook collections in one place. YAC cards were created for students in 2019-20 and will continue several times during each school year as new students enroll.
Will my child receive a public library card?
- My child does not have a Washington County public library card and our family has not opted out of sharing student directory information.
- Your child will receive a Youth Access Card from Washington County Cooperative Library Services. More information is available in the FAQ below.
- My child already has a Washington County public library card.
Your child will continue to use the existing library card and will not receive a new card. Libraries are working to give students who owe library fines a fresh start wherever possible
- My child has an E-Access card to use digital resources and would also like to borrow print materials.
Students will retain their E-Access card. If it has expired, it will be renewed for one year. Parents can visit a Washington County public library with their child to change it to a YAC or General library card.
- Our family has opted out of sharing student directory information.
- Your child will not receive a YAC card. A YAC card can be obtained by visiting a WCCLS public library.
- What is my child's library card number?
- How do students receive their library password?
- How can my child use the YAC card?
- What is not available with a YAC card?
- What is the best way to access ebooks and digital audiobooks?
- Are there fines for late, lost, or damaged materials?
- When will my newly enrolled student receive a card?
- Will the public library deliver books to the schools?
- How is student privacy ensured?
- Will this card connect to a parent/guardian's account?
If you have further questions, please contact BSD Library Services.