Four Pillars of Remote Learning
WE Expect Excellence
- Staff and students prioritize time together to focus on the most important or relevant learning.
- Staff will continue to monitor, report and record each student’s progress towards learning goals and standards, encouraging critical problem solving, collaboration, communication and creativity.
- Schools will provide multiple, flexible opportunities, for all our students to continue on their learning pathway toward graduation.
- Staff and students will learn and apply new tools for remote teaching and learning and will continually adjust to find creative ways, digital and non-digital, to engage in learning.
WE Embrace Equity
- Staff will prioritize student belonging, care, connection, well-being and mental and social-emotional health.
- Staff will center equity in all outreach and communication efforts with parents and caregivers and will find ways to provide tools and materials to students.
- Every student will connect regularly with their teacher(s).
- Staff, families, and caregivers will work as a team, anchored in partnership. Together, teachers and families will co-facilitate learning, design consistent routines, and establish the learning environment.