The address for the MLD building has changed! Our location remains the same, this is a change of address only.
Located in the Capital Center
10740 NE Walker Rd., Suite B
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Please be aware there could be up to a several months lag before other public agencies or databases (e.g. DMV, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Google Maps) start reflecting this new address. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our main number.
- The Multilingual Department will be a collaborative and inclusive department overall.
- The Multilingual Department will be connected to Teaching and Learning and decisions we make will be made in collaboration with T&L and the district at large.
- The Multilingual Department will be a service oriented department with key emphasis on customer service.
- The Multilingual Department will provide consistent and relevant Professional Development for classified, certified, and administrators in our district.
- The Multilingual Department will be accountable for student outcomes for ELLs, Dual Language students, and Migrant students.
- The Multilingual Department will model and advocate for equitable practices district-wide.
- The Multilingual Department will provide opportunities for students to engage with the community through service and volunteerism.
- The Multilingual Department will continue to network with other districts to strengthen our program.
"There is no equality of treatment merely by providing students with the same facilities, textbooks, teachers, and curriculum; for students who do not understand English are effectively foreclosed from any meaningful education."
U.S. Supreme Court ruling 1974, Lau v. Nichols