The nationwide waiver to provide free meals to all K-12 students, regardless of income, expired on June 30, 2022. Meal are no longer free to all BSD students. Families can submit a Meal Benefits application to see if they qualify for free meals.
Click on the Apply Online Button below or download the SchoolCafe mobile app to complete and submit an application.
Applying online is the fastest way to be approved for benefits! Follow this two step process with SchoolCafe:
Create a SchoolCafe Account. You can use this account each school year to submit an online meal application.
Complete and submit the online application.
SchoolCafe allows you to check the status of the application and even print out the approval/denial letter.
Oregon EIG eligibility will not show up in SchoolCafe. Application status in SchoolCafe will continue to say "Denied," even if your family qualifies for Meal Benefits under Oregon EIG. You will receive a confirmation letter in the mail if your family qualifies under Federal (free or reduced) or State (EIG) income guidelines.
Meal Benefit Resources
- Income Guidelines
- Online Application Instructions
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) School Students
- Who Should Apply for Meal Benefits
- When to Submit a Meal Benefits Application
- Contact Information & Assistance
- Paper Application
- Permission to Share
- Other Benefits
Online Application Instructions
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) School Students
Who Should Apply for Meal Benefits
When to Submit a Meal Benefits Application
Contact Information & Assistance
Permission to Share
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. Citizen?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?