Meal Pricing, Payments, and Refunds
Payments for school meals can be made by:
- Sending cash or a check made out to "BSD-Nutrition Services." When making a payment, please indicate your student's first and last name along with his/her student ID number, on the memo line of the check. It's best to deliver the payments directly to Nutrition Services staff in the cafeteria so that the payments can be applied before the next meal. Some schools have payment drop boxes or baskets in the main office that you may also use for deposits, however, it's possible the payments may not be applied in time for use by the next meal service.
- Making payments online at the SchoolCafé website. SchoolCafé is an on-line payment system that is linked to your student's cafeteria. Parents can register for a free SchoolCafe account on the SchoolCafe website. You will need to have your student's 6-digit district ID to do so, which you can get by contacting the school. Payments made are usually credited to a student's account within 2 hours, but may take up to 24 hours, so it's best to make payments at least one day in advance.
Once you have registered for a new SchoolCafé account, you can do the following at no charge:
- Create a free, secured account to manage all of your students' meal accounts.
- Check your student's current account balance at any time.
- Monitor the items your student has been purchasing in the cafeteria.
- Create settings to receive email notifications when the account reaches a low balance.
- Create settings to automatically replenish your student's account when it reaches a low balance.
There is a $20.00 minimum deposit and 5% service fee for deposits made on SchoolCafé
If you have further questions, please call the Nutrition Services Dept. at (503) 356-3955. For technical issues with SchoolCafé call 1-855-729-2328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If your student does not bring a meal from home and has a zero cafeteria account balance, then the District Meal Charging Policy will be followed.
Requesting a Refund:
To request a refund, please send an email to:NS-Accounting@beaverton.k12.or.us
Include the following information:
Once the email has been sent, you will receive an acknowledgement of your request. Refunds will take between 6-8 weeks, from the time of acknowledgement, to be completed.
***Please note checks can be printed for refunds of $25.00 or more only. All refunds less than $25.00 will be processed in cash. Cash refund sites are limited. Please email NS-Accounting@beaverton.k12.or.us for more information.
End of Year Student Account Balances
Student account balances (positive and negative), automatically roll over to the following school year. If a student has funds and no longer attends Beaverton School District, families can do the following:
- Request a refund check. NOTE: Refund checks may take up to 6-8 weeks to process.
- Request the funds be transferred to a sibling's student meal account.
- Request the funds be donated to pay off negative balances. Donations can be made to specific students, schools or where there is the greatest need.