PANDEMIC ELECTRONIC BENEFITS TRANSFER (P-EBT)
P-EBT is money provided by the state of Oregon to families whose children qualify for free and reduced-price breakfast and lunch (Meal Benefits). Click on this link for more information (FAQ link) and review this page for next steps.
ALL students and children ages 1-18 will continue to receive free meals (FOOD) through June 30, 2021 regardless of Meal Benefits eligibility. If you wish to receive MONEY in addition to food, be sure your family qualifies for Meal Benefits as outlined here.
If you wish to be considered for P-EBT money, take action now.
1) Be sure your child’s school has your current guardian information and correct mailing address. To update your address, go to ParentVue
(https://parentvue.beaverton.k12.or.us/PXP2_Login_Parent.aspx?regenerateSessionId=True ParentVue) or contact your child’s school office. You must separately contact each school where you have a student to update records.
2) Get your students qualified for Meal Benefits. If you are not sure if you need to apply, keep reading.
Families who meet the following criteria do not need to apply for meal benefits and will
automatically be eligible for Pandemic EBT:
- Families who have already received a Meal Benefits approval letter for the 2020-2021 school year do not need to re-apply.
- Families receiving SNAP, TANF, Migrant or Homeless benefits do not need to apply.
- Students enrolled in Community Eligibility Schools (CEP) do not need to apply.
Click on this link if you wish to apply for Meal Benefits online: www.schoolcafe.com
If you are unable to apply online, you can pick up a paper application at any meal serving site or request an application from:
- Call: Meal Benefits Office (503)356-3955 or (503)356-3957
- Email: NS-MealBenefits@beaverton.k12.or.us
For more information, check our list of Frequently Asked Questions here: FAQs