Since March, in conjunction with our community partnerships, BSD has facilitated the distribution of 17,500 food boxes to Beaverton families. We plan to support those efforts for as long as possible.
Thanks to a grant through the USDA, we're now able to offer more free food boxes at three BSD locations on Wednesday of every week (Beginning October 7):
- Aloha High School: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (or until all boxes are distributed)
- Beaverton High School: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Southridge High School: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
We anticipate that each box will contain fresh produce, dairy and meat. There are no requirements to pick up a box. The distribution is open to all.
o meet the great need for food in Washington County, the Beaverton School District has partnered with Urban Gleaners to offer free, fresh food at multiple school sites.
- Beaverton High School: Mondays, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Vose Elementary School: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 11 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Aloha High School: 4th Tuesday of the month, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: 10/27, 11/24, 12/15*, 1/26, 2/23, 3/30*, 4/27, 5/25, 6/15*
* Changes to accommodate holiday/closure weeks
- Limited supply
- Bring a bag
- Selections change weekly
In addition, the following schools host Oregon Food Bank-sponsored free food markets:
- Kinnaman Elementary School: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Greenway Elementary School: Weekly, Thursdays 3 p.m.
- Vose Elementary School: 4th Tuesday of the Month 11a.m-12 p.m. (holiday/school closure dates will be adjusted)
- Aloha Huber Park K-8: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 8-9 a.m.
If you'd like additional information on other local food pantries, contact the Oregon Food Bank.
If you’d like to support our efforts to address food and economic insecurities in our community, please consider a donation to the BSD Community Resource Fund.
Care to Share
Referrals for emergency food.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Families impacted financially by the COVID-19 crisis might qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals and families.