Construction Technology At Merlo Campus
Our Construction Technology Program is certified by the Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries as a Registered Pre-Apprenticeship program, sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Carpenters Institute.
Students who complete our two-year program will have an advantage over other applicants when applying for a position as an apprentice at Pacific NW Carpenters Institute and other Union Apprenticeship training programs. Apprenticeships are "earn while you learn," paid positions to learn a trade and solidify a high-wage, reliable and rewarding career.
The Construction Technology Program was envisioned and designed in collaboration with a dedicated Advisory Board consisting of union apprenticeship programs, industry partners, district facilities and district staff. Established in 2018, the board has provided essential feedback to ensure the creation of a program that meets the needs of the construction industry and prepares our students for a career in the construction trades.
"This program changed my whole high school experience. I loved the hands on experience and being able to learn about and use the tools. I feel prepared for the next steps."
-Construction Technology Student
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN...
- Designing or renovating buildings
- Working with tools
- Organizing projects
- Managing people
IN THIS PROGRAM, YOU'LL...
- Learn to safely use a variety of tools, equipment and machinery to build finished products
- Understand technical drawings and specifications
- Learn how buildings are constructed from the foundation to the roof
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communication skills
- Practice safe, legal, and ethical working habits
- Be exposed to a variety of opportunities for a future career in the construction trades