Are you considering attending college after high school and would like to learn more about what colleges are seeking in an applicant? Concerned about how to pay for college? Unsure of how to start the planning process? Beaverton School District invites you to attend our upcoming College and Career Readiness events. Each day, you will hear from presenters on strengthening your college profile, financial aid basics, how to write a college essay, and setting a Senior Year timeline. These sessions are recommended for students and families grades 10-12. Join us on Zoom. We look forward to seeing you!
Need Interpretation Services?
Sessions will be presented in English. Please RSVP to let us know which language you will need interpretation services for during the live events.
How College Decisions Are Made
Wednesday | May 26, 2021 | 6:00 p.m.
- Understanding what colleges are seeking in an applicant
- Importance of a college prep curriculum
- Assessing student's interests and strengths as they relate to extra-curricular and leadership activities
Financial Aid Basics
Wednesday | May 26, 2021 | 7:00 p.m.
- What is financial aid
- The FAFSA & ORSAA
- Understanding your financial awards
- Comparing the costs of schools
Rising Senior Year Timeline & Tips:
When to do what for post high school planning
Thursday | June 3, 2021 | 6:00 p.m.
- Month to month organization of what to be working on
- Topics covered include: Testing, essays, applications, financial aid, scholarships
- Selecting the right educational fit
- Scholarship Resources