5th Grade BSD Health Learning Targets (Standards
- ALT - Academic Learning Target
- AST - Academic Supporting Target
- (HE) - Oregon Department of Education Health Education Standard
Standard ALT 3: Accessing Information
- AST 3.1 (HE.3.5.1) Analyze resources from home, school, and community that provide valid nutrition information.
- AST 3.2 (HE.3.5.2) Analyze characteristics of valid health information, products, and services.
- AST 3.3 (HE.3.5.3) Discuss the sources of support, such as parents or other trusted adults, to seek information about sexual and reproductive health, including pregnancy and birth.
- AST 3.4 (HE.3.5.5) Demonstrate how to access resources, including people at home, school or in the community who can provide medically accurate information and/or support about puberty and health care practices during puberty.
- AST 3.5 (HE.3.5.6) Discuss the qualities of people at home, school or in communities who can provide medically accurate information and/or support about healthy sexuality, including sexual orientation and gender identity.
- AST 3.6 (HE.3.5.7) Discuss the sources of support, such as parents or other trusted adults, they can talk to about healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- AST 3.7 (HE.3.5.8) Discuss the sources of support, such as parents or other trusted adults, including school staff, they can tell if they are experiencing sexual abuse.
- AST 3.8 (HE.3.5.9) Discuss sources of support such as parents or other trusted adults they can tell if they are being teased, harassed or bullied based on gender identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.
Standard ALT 4: Interpersonal Communication
- AST 4.1 (HE.4.5.1) Demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to enhance health.
- AST 4.2 (HE.4.5.2) Demonstrate how to ask for assistance to enhance personal health.
- AST 4.3 (HE.4.5.4) Demonstrate nonviolent strategies to manage or resolve conflict.
- AST 4.4 (HE.4.5.6) Describe and demonstrate ways to communicate your thoughts and feelings while maintaining healthy relationships.
- AST 4.5 (HE.4.5.7) Demonstrate effective ways to communicate personal boundaries and show respect for the boundaries of others.
Standard ALT 5: Decision Making
- AST 5.1 (HE.5.5.1) Analyze health-related situations that might require a decision.
- AST 5.2 (HE.5.5.2) Analyze when assistance is needed in making a health-related decision.
- AST 5.3 (HE.5.5.3) Analyze a healthy option when making a decision.
- AST 5.4 (HE.5.5.4) Reflect on the outcomes of a nutrition or exercise related decision.
Standard ALT 6: Goal Setting
- AST 6.1 (HE.6.5.2) Analyze resources to assist in achieving a personal nutrition or exercise goal.
- AST 6.2 (HE.6.5.3) Define sexual violence including but not limited to interpersonal violence (physical, verbal, emotional and sexual violence).
Standard ALT 7: Practicing Health Enhancing Behaviors
- AST 7.1 (HE.7.5.2) Analyze a variety of healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal health (including but not limited to, healthy food choices and 60 minutes of daily physical activity).
- AST 7.2 (HE.7.5.4) Demonstrate ways to treat yourself and others with dignity and respect, with regard to gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- AST 7.3 (HE.7.5.5) Explain ways to manage the physical and emotional changes associated with puberty, including personal health care practices.
Standard ALT 8: Advocacy
- AST 8.1 (HE.8.5.2) Encourage others to make positive health choices.
- AST 8.2 (HE.8.5.3) Persuade others to take action when someone else is being teased, harassed or bullied.
- AST 8.3 (HE.8.5.4) Explain how to promote safety, respect, awareness and acceptance of yourself and others.
- AST 8.4 (HE.8.5.5) Demonstrate ways students can work together to promote dignity and respect for all people.