Kindergarten BSD Health Learning Targets (Standards)
- ALT - Academic Learning Target
- AST - Academic Supporting Target
- (HE) - Oregon Department of Education Health Education Standard
Standard ALT 1: Concepts
- AST 1.1 (HE.1.K.1) Identify dimensions of health (e.g. physical, mental, social, emotional, and environmental).
- AST 1.2 (HE.1.K.2) Identify safe behaviors and ways to avoid and reduce risk of common childhood injuries.
- AST 1.3 (HE.1.K.3) Identify when it is important to seek health care.
- AST 1.4 (HE.1.K.4) Name reproductive body parts using proper anatomical terms and stages in the basic growth processes of all people.
- AST 1.5 (HE.1.K.7) Recognize that there are many ways to express gender and that all people deserve respect regardless of gender expression.
- AST 1.6 (HE.1.K.9) Describe the characteristics of a friend.
- AST 1.7 (HE.1.K.10) Recognize everyone has the right to say who touches their body, when and how.
- AST 1.8 (HE.1.K.11) Recognize that it is never ok to touch someone or make someone touch you if they don't want to.
- AST 1.9 (HE.1.K.12) List a variety of ways people express affection within various types of relationships.
- AST 1.10 (HE.1.K.13) Define bullying and teasing and why bullying and teasing are inappropriate behaviors.
- AST 1.11 (HE.1.K.15) Define consent as it relates to personal boundaries.
Standard ALT 2: Analyzing Influences
- AST 2.1 (HE.2.K.1) Identify who influences personal health practices and behaviors.
- AST 2.2 (HE.2.K.2) Identify school resources that support health practices and behaviors.
Standard ALT 3: Accessing Information
- AST 3.1 (HE.3.K.1) Identify ways to locate school and community health helpers.
- AST 3.2 (HE.3.K.2) Identify sources of support such as parents, school staff, and other trusted adults to seek information and to report sexual abuse.
- AST 3.3 (HE.3.K.5) Identify who to report to at home, school and in the community if you see unsafe objects or feel threatened/harmed.
Standard ALT 4: Interpersonal Communication
- AST 4.1 (HE.4.K.1) Identify healthy ways to express needs, wants, and feelings.
- AST 4.2 (HE.4.K.2) Identify effective active listening skills.
- AST 4.3 (HE.4.K.3) Identify effective refusal skills to avoid or reduce health risks.AST 4.4 (HE.4.K.4) Identify sources of support to go to if threatened or harmed.
- AST 4.5 (HE.4.K.5) Discuss ways to communicate respectfully with and about people of all gender identities, gender expressions and sexual orientations.
- AST 4.6 (HE.4.K.6) Discuss effective ways to communicate personal boundaries and show respect for the boundaries of others.
- AST 4.7 (HE.4.K.7) Practice asking for help and support if someone is hurt or feels unsafe.
Standard ALT 5: Decision Making
- AST 5.1 (HE.5.K.1) Identify when help is needed to make a health-related decision.
Standard ALT 6: Goal Setting
Standard ALT 7: Practicing Health Enhancing Behaviors
- AST 7.1 (HE.7.K.1) Identify and demonstrate healthy practices and behaviors that maintain or improve personal health.
- AST 7.2 (HE.7.K.2) Recognize behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.
- AST 7.3 (HE.7.K.3) Recognize how to clearly say no and leave an uncomfortable situation.
Standard ALT 8: Advocacy
- AST 8.1 (HE.8.K.1) Demonstrate ways to promote personal health.
- AST 8.2 (HE.8.K.2) Encourage peers to select positive health choices.