Transition to Remote Learning
The following protocol will be followed if If a school is unable to safely operate because of inadequate staffing and/or COVID-19 spread:
- Families will be notified via ParentSquare (urgent alert) that their school will be moving to Temporary Remote Learning (TRL).
- The school will communicate with their families about distributing iPads and/or Chromebooks, as needed, and other information.
- Additional details are found on the COVID-19 Protocol Information page. Look for "Temporary Remote Learning" within the Frequently Asked Questions section.
BSD At Home - Activities for Elementary Students
If a school is in Temporary Remote Learning, the classroom teacher will provide direction regarding daily learning activities.
If parents/guardians need additional learning activities to engage their elementary students while at home, three different themes with ten days each of at-home activities are available.
Students can go directly to the BSD At Home activities by clicking on the frog, bee, or squirrel images below.
Are you an adult at home providing support? Please see the Learning Coach Resources below for more information on how to support your student during this time.
Students - Choose a Picture Below
Ask your teacher which one to do.
Digital Resources by Content Area
Click on the picture below to open the full page of resources.
District Tools & Resources
Learning Coach Resources
- At Home Learning Description
- BSD Back to School FAQ - Quarantine
- Learning Coach Tips
- Learning Coach Video
- Epic Online Library Access
- Closed Captioning on YouTube Videos
- Learning Coach Survey
- Mental Health & Social Supports from Oregon Department of Education