506 Form Instructions
Program Enrollment Eligibility
If you meet any of the criteria below you are eligible for this program
(1) A member of an Indian tribe or band, as membership is defined by the Indian tribe or band, including any tribe or band terminated since 1940, and any tribe or band recognized by the State in which the tribe or band resides;
(2) A descendant of a parent or grandparent who meets the requirements described in paragraph (1) of this definition;
(3) Considered by the Secretary of the Interior to be an Indian for any purpose;
(4) An Eskimo, Aleut, or other Alaska Native; or
(5) A member of an organized Indian group that received a grant under the Indian Education Act of 1988 as it was in effect on October 19, 1994.
Important: Even if the student is not enrolled, their parent's or grandparent's enrollment status will qualify them for the program.
Form Completion Information
This form must be filled out completely by the students parent or guardian. School district staff are not allowed to complete this form, but will contact you if there is any additional information required.
Proof of membership: Enrollment number is not required if not readily available. Some other acceptable proofs of membership include official affadavit from Tribe, official correspondence from Tribal authority clearly demonstrating named individual is a member, or BIA Certificate of Degree Indian Blood (CDIB).
If you are unsure of the record keeping authority for your Tribe, Band, Village, or Corporation, you may list the name and address of the central office for your Tribe, Band, Village, or Corporation.
If you need any assistance completing the form, please contact BSD Title VI staff and they will be happy to help
Beaverton School District Title VI AI/AN Program
Office of Indian Education, U.S. Department of Education
Regional Specialist: Wanda Lee