The Special Education office is located at
1260 NW Waterhouse Ave Beaverton, OR 97006
We're committed to individual success. The Special Education Department is committed to meet the changing needs of students by working with families and our community. We embrace the individual differences of our students and strive to help each student achieve academic and social success by listening, providing support and creating solutions.
Special education services are available at each school within the Beaverton School District to serve students who have been identified as eligible for special education services. Students identified as eligible for special education services must meet the following two requirements:
- Federal and state eligibility requirements as having a disability in at least one of 11 handicapping condition categories
- Need specially designed instruction
Transition services (ages 16 - 21) are available to special education students who graduate with a Modified Diploma, Extended Diploma, or Alternative Certificate.
The Northwest Regional Education Service District (NWRESD) provides educational services for eligible children birth to kindergarten. For children younger than kindergarten, please telephone NWRESD at 503-614-1446.
- Records Request
- Special Education Administration
- Special Education Facilitators
- Special Education Office Support Team
- Special Education Records Team
- Special Education Mentors
- Teachers on Special Assignment (TOSAs)
- 504 Coordinator
- Surrogate Parent Information
- Private Schools 2022-2023
- Who to Contact with Special Education Questions
- School Contacts