AVID's mission is to close the opportunity gap by preparing all students for college and career readiness and success in a global society.
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a schoolwide approach to curriculum and rigor that works to improve the instruction, systems, leadership and culture on campus to prepare all students for college and career readiness. Each secondary school in the district has an AVID Site Team and an AVID Coordinator that work to implement and refine instructional practices and support access and opportunity for all students. In addition, schools offer an AVID elective class, a targeted approach meant to close the opportunity gap by supporting students who may identify as first generation college goers, from an underrepresented group on college campuses, who qualify as economically underserved, and/or students who have special circumstances. Students apply and interview for the AVID Elective class which takes place during the school day as one of their year-long elective options.
For more information, contact the AVID Coordinator at each site.
- Aloha High School: Martina Pedersen
- Arts & Communication Magnet Academy (ACMA): Geoffrey Hunnicutt
- Beaverton Academy of Science & Engineering (BASE): Christine Muggli
- Beaverton High School: Liz Perez Diaz & Laura Holguin
- Cedar Park Middle School: Bianca McGrew
- Conestoga Middle School: Amanda Harris
- Five Oaks Middle School: Jamie Cooper
- FLEX Online School: Krystal Wilson
- Highland Park Middle School: Alison McCarthy & Emily Pollard
- International School of Beaverton (ISB): Alysoun Lowe
- Meadow Park Middle School: Selina Semon
- Merlo Station Community School: Yuliana Rodarte
- Mountainside High School: Blake Kuroiwa & Anne Bafaro
- Mountain View Middle School: Lea Molczan & Shelby Dunn
- Southridge High School: Chris Martin
- Stoller Middle School: Brule Speck
- Sunset High School: Lynn Horihan
- Tumwater Middle School: Allyson Edwards & Jennifer Brooks
- Westview High School: Michael Wolf
- Whitford Middle School: Jody Reeg & Lindsay Laing