Special Education Snow Procedures
When Beaverton School District closes due to inclement weather no transportation services are offered, even if your child attends an outside program or school that will be open.
If Beaverton School District is opening school two hours late and/or buses are on snow routes, bus service will not be provided to the following programs (Updated November 4th, 2022)
- Arata Creek
- Beaverton Early Childhood Center (BECC), classes beginning prior to 12:30 p.m.
- Any student with a modified schedule, classes beginning prior to 11:00 am
- All AM Pre-school classes
- All AM Head Start classes
- All AM Little Warriors
- Bonny Slope Elementary
- Jenkins Estate THPRD
- Lifeworks NW (Sylvan)
- McKinney-Vento students living outside BSD boundaries
- Nancy Ryles Elementary
- Oregon State School for the Deaf
- Parry Center at Edwards Elementary
- Portland Lifeworks
- Sato Elementary
- Tucker Maxon
If Beaverton School District is opening school two hours late and/or buses are on snow routes, bus service will be provided to the following programs:
- All BSD in-district SPED programs other than those listed above
- Beaverton Early Childhood Center (BECC), classes beginning after 12:30 PM
- Cascade Academy
- Columbia Academy
- Groner Elementary
- Head Start Programs (within BSD boundaries) - Full Day Programs
- Levi Anderson
- Pacific Academy
- Preschool Promise @ Merlo
Alternate Transportation Options
For the schools and programs which will not receive bus service due to inclement weather, families have the following two transportation options available:
- You may elect to transport the child yourself and receive reimbursement from the BSD Transportation Department for mileage (at the district rate) to and from the program/school.
- You may choose instead to contact Flat Cab (503-970-0033) and request that they transport your child. You need to ask for a district-approved driver. These two cab companies are the only two companies with arrangements to transport Beaverton students. BSD will reimburse the parent for the cab fare when presented with a receipt, which can be obtained from the driver.