Safe Routes to School (SRTS) programs often start with encouragement programs to get people to try walking or biking to school. Starting with a simple fun event that builds interest and enthusiasm will attract attention and support for more activities, more people and ultimately, behavior change. Some of our current events are listed below, with how to's and guides to help you get started using our event planning tools and newsletters!
- Walk+ Roll to School Day - October 7, 2020
- "This Is How We Walk and Roll" Art Contest - January 2021
- Winter Walk + Roll Day - Febraury 24th, 2021
- WE Walk Challenge - April 2021
- Earth Day - April 22, 2021
It's all about having fun!
We encourage you to begin walking or biking to school, see how fun and easy it is. try Starting with a simple, fun event that builds interest and enthusiasm. Celebrate those who choose to be active on their way to school!