International Walk + Roll to School Day!
On October 4th, 2023, join people from around the world as we celebrate International Walk + Roll to School Day.
Walk, bike, scooter, skate, roll, bus, or carpool to school and be entered to win fun prizes. Grand prize winners will earn a new scooter with helmet! Walking and rolling to school is great for kids, our community, and our planet. Here are the top five reasons:
- Fewer vehicles driving to school reduces traffic congestion and carbon emissions near schools and in our parking lots.
- More people walking and rolling builds school community and makes routes safer.
- Physical activity boosts kids’ readiness to learn and improves their physical and mental health.
- Kids have fun with friends and bond with families while walking and rolling together.
- Being outside builds independence and lifelong transportation skills.
For Elementary and Comprehensive Middle School Students:
On October 4th, walk, bike, scooter, skate, roll, bus, or carpool to school. Your teacher will ask how you got to school in the morning, and you will be entered into your school raffle. Grand prize winner from each school will receive a scooter with helmet!
For High School, Options School, and FLEX Students:
On October 4th, walk, bike, scooter, skate, roll, bus, or carpool to school (or anywhere for our FLEX students). To enter the raffle, fill out the google form below and tell us how you traveled to school (or anywhere). We will raffle 6 cinch sacks with prizes inside and one scooter with helmet.
Enter here: https://forms.gle/B4EErzj947Gm7JHq8