The Committee will actively monitor and regularly report to the School Board on the progress of the bond program including:
- Ensure bond revenues are used only for the purposes consistent with the voter-approved bond measure ballot and consistent with state law.
- Reduce long-term maintenance, construction costs and improving efficiency and longevity, and innovative practices.
- Communicate key information related to the bond to all stakeholders.
- Review bond program performance and financial audits; and may inspect school facilities and grounds related to bond activities accompanied by District staff.
- Review quarterly reports produced by the District each year the bond proceeds are being spent in order to assess general compliance with the bond program approved by voters.
- Ensure alignment with the Bond Program Goals approved by the School Board and Board Policies.
The Committee consists of eight members selected by the School Board and includes a School Board member. Members will serve staggered 2, 3, and 4 year terms and may reapply for consideration to serve additional terms. A member may not serve more than eight consecutive years.
The Committee meets quarterly or as requested by the School Board, Superintendent, or District staff. Committee meetings are advisory. Committee meetings shall be open to the public and include an opportunity for public comments.