Teaching & Learning Home
The Teaching and Learning Department strives to ensure learning and growth for each student, teacher, administrator, and member of the BSD community. Our work centers around implementing a Standards-Based Learning System, Inclusive Environments, and Learning Teams. Below are descriptions of the links on the left-hand navigation:
- Advanced Programs: The Beaverton School District Offers two Advanced Programs - Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Arts for Learning: Arts for Learning is an Investing in Innovation (i3) Grant providing teacher and student materials, along with professional development to support the implementation of arts-integrated literacy units for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
- BSD Online: A growing set of tools, programs and practices designed to improve learning by connecting teachers, students and content in innovative ways. We currently offer a selection of hybrid online courses, classroom supports and math intervention and extension tools. Check with your local school or contact BSD Online to find out more.
- Credit by proficiency: There are two procedures designated by the Oregon Department of Education and the Beaverton School District in which students may apply for credit for proficiency, Credit for Proficiency: Prior Learning and Credit for Proficiency: Out of Class Learning.
- Health Documents: This link outlines Beaverton's adopted health curriculum
- Fine Arts: Information for BSD music and arts programs
- Learning Options: BSD offers several options programs for middle and high school students.
- Learning Targets/Curriculum: BSD Long-term and Supporting Learning Targets define our curriculum and are based on the Oregon State Standards. Use this link to for more information and to find current BSD Learning Targets
- Multilingual Department: The mission of this department is to ensure success for all English language learners.
- Special Education: Focusing on student needs, this department is committed to applying best practices to meet the changing needs of students; working collaboratively with families and community; and, embracing individual differences by listening, being supportive, and providing creative solutions to promote student success.
- Standards-Based Learning: BSD's Standards-Based Learning System supports all students to become college and career ready. Learn more about learning targets, assessment and grading here.
- Talented and Gifted: The purpose of this page is to inform students and parents about resources and opportunities available for high achieving students.