Become a Board Member
What does the School Board do?
The School Board is the policy-making body in our District. The Board:
Employs and evaluates the Superintendent
Determines the long-range direction and vision of the District as detailed in the Strategic Plan
Establishes policies that direct instructional and support programs
Approves the annual budget
Approves large contracts and agreements including those with employee groups
Calls elections on bond and other funding proposals
Ensures that board policies and priorities are implemented
Communicates and engages with the community
Advocates for education with local and state leaders
Recognizes staff and community contributions
- What makes a good board member?
- How much time is required?
- How do I become a school board candidate?
- When is the next school board election?
- How do I file?
- What do I need to know before I start campaigning?
- How do I receive support as a candidate?