Attending class is the single most important factor in a student's academic success. Please make every effort to help your student arrive at school on time and attend all their classes.
When a student is absent the entire day:
- Call the Attendance Hotline at 503-‐356-‐3671.
- Have the following information to report:
- Student's first and last name
- Student's ID number
- Your name (and relationship to student)
- Daytime phone number
- Reason for the absence
- An absence must be reported within 48 hours in order for it to be excused.
- If a student will be absent for more than 2 days, you may request homework by sending an email to the teachers or calling the attendance line. Teachers are given at least 24 hours to prepare homework.
When a student arrives late to school:
- Have the student check in at the attendance desk.
- Call the Attendance Hotline at 503-‐356-‐3671 or
- Send a note with the student (from a parent or guardian) or
- A parent may accompany the student to check in.
- A student arriving more than 20 minutes after the start of class is considered absent.
When a student is leaving school early:
- Call the Attendance Hotline at 503-‐356-‐3671 as early as possible the day of to departure or
- Send a note with the student to bring to the attendance desk that morning.
- Parents should meet their student at the attendance desk to sign them out.
When a student is returning from an appointment:
- Students should check back in at the attendance desk before going to class. It is not necessary for a parent to sign their student back in.
When a student feels too sick for class:
- Students who become ill during the day should report to the Health Room in the counseling office. If they do not feel well enough to return to class within 10-‐15 minutes, we will call an authorized adult to pick them up.
Attendance Hotline: 503-‐356-‐3671