Aloha High School Profile:For
Click here for a list of the AHS Counseling Staff.
To find answers to your questions about Aloha, including our CEEB Code, please look at the
Aloha High School Profile.
The Class of 2018 graduates in June, 2018. Make sure you are meeting the BSD Diploma Requirements.
TBD is the last day to turn in proof of outside credits (like BYU or other online and outside credits).
Extended Application Packet - Extended Application is required for graduation.
Check out the online college touring website at www.youvisit.com/colleges.
Beaverton School District's
College Information Series is a great way to find out about the college application process, scholarships, and financial aid.
AHS College and Career Center page to learn about scholarships, upcoming college visits, and more.
want to play a sport in college?
Are you interested in being a student athlete when you get to college? Make sure you stay up to date on the NCAA eligibility requirements: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future
Having problems figuring out your transcript? Watch a short video on how to read your transcript.
Digital Resource Permission Form (printable pdf)
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process
AHS Counseling Department Policies
AHS Class Change Policy
Courses are established and staff are assigned based on students' class requests made during spring forecasting. Students are given an opportunity to review their course selections during a two-week window in April, and to submit a request for any changes at that time.
Changes may not be made after that window in April, except in the case of necessary adjustments due to classes passed over summer, or corrections to meet graduation requirements.
Rationale for policies:
- Schedule changes decrease instruction time, staff productivity, and disrupt the learning environment.
AHS Course Level Selection Process
All of the following are taken into consideration when determining an appropriate course level:
- Standardized test scores
- Previous performance in the subject and related subjects
- Teacher recommendation
- Counselor recommendation
- Student choice
- Parent choice
AHS Addendum to "Grading Repeated Courses" Principals Agreement
Regarding taking a failed class more than once: once a C or better is earned in a course, only the lowest grade previously earned for that course will be replaced with an N (No Grade) on the student's transcript.
AHS Addendum to District's Policy on Repeating a Class for Credit
Both academic and elective courses for which a student received a C or better may be repeated once for a grade and elective credit. A student will not receive credit for a class that has previously been passed twice with C's or better.
AHS Teacher Assistant Policy
To be a Teacher's Aide, you must meet the following requirements:
- A student may be a teacher, office, counseling, or library assistant only two times for credit during his/her high school career.
- A student may be a TA more than two times, but he/she will not receive credit after the second time.
- A student may not TA more than one class period in any trimester.
- A student may be a TA only during their junior and senior years.
- A student must have no F's and have at least a 2.0 GPA in previous semester.
- A student may not be behind in their core classes.
- Seniors have to have met or exceeded the OAKS test(s) required for graduation.
Rationale: Students have many other valuable opportunities available to them.
AHS Teacher Change Request Policy
- Through the first week of each semester, a request by a student for a teacher change will be granted if the change does not disrupt balance of any class sizes, OR if the class is being repeated and the student had previously failed the class with the same teacher.
- After the first week of a semester, a change in teacher will be granted under the following circumstances:
- The change does not cause the new class (or any other affected class) to go over its cap in size AND
- The student has met with the teacher to address his/her reason(s) for wanting the change and the teacher agrees to the change or the student still requests the change, OR
- The student has acquired administrator approval for the change.