Inclement Weather information from the Beaverton School District
If you'd like a printable pdf of the information below, please click here.
For additional SPED transportation information, please click here.
School closure or delayed start decisions will typically be communicated to media outlets and posted on the
District website, Facebook and Twitter by 5:30 a.m.
We encourage families to make transportation and attendance decisions for their child(ren) based on their
own assessment of travel conditions at their location.
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening activities/events on closure days are cancelled.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- The following classes are cancelled:
- AM early intervention
- AM Preschool Classes
- AM Health Careers, Auto Program & Terra Nova Program
- Buses are on snow routes.
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools.
- Bus services will not be provided to McKinney-Vento students living outside of the district.
When school is on time and buses are on snow routes
- All schools operate on regular daily schedules.
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools
- Terra Nova Program is cancelled all day.
- If the weather forecast calls for declining weather conditions throughout the day, the district will implement snow routes for PM dismissal.
When weather conditions necessitate an early closure of schools
- We encourage you to refer to the BSD website, School Messenger and local media for more detailed information.
- All daytime and evening activities/events are cancelled.
Wednesday – Early Dismissal School Days
- The District will not have a 2-hour delay on Wednesday. The District will maintain a regular Wednesday schedule with Early Release or close schools for the day.